CLASS- First Steps in Quilt Making by Yvette Chilcott: MAY 6, 2023, 10 AM - 4 PM
CLASS- First Steps in Quilt Making by Yvette Chilcott. Join Yvette as she expertly guides you in the first steps to creating your first quilt. This class is also suitable for those who just missed the basics along the way in their quilting journey! Register early, limited spots available.
We’ll make this 2-block 42” x 54” quilt top together, from the very beginning. Here’s a general idea of what I’ll teach:
• The basics – Fabric, Thread, Needles
• Rotary cutting, safely and accurately
• Organizing and labelling your pieces
• How to sew a perfect 1⁄4” seam with the appropriate stitch length
• How to press your seams
• How to use “strip piecing” to make 9-Patch blocks
• How to make the half-square triangles for the Shoo Fly blocks.
• How to properly measure for the borders and attach them.
Supplies needed for this class:
Rotary cutting mat, 24” x 36” (available in the class room)
Rotary cutter, 45mm with a sharp blade
Fabric marking pen
Fine long pins
Neutral coloured 50 weight Aurifil cotton sewing thread
Universal size 80/12 sewing machine needle,
Sewing machine in good working order, with 1⁄4” foot or a 1⁄4” guide on the throat plate.
Refunds and cancellations:
Because of the nature of classes and paying teachers, we are unable to refund a class purchase unless we can fill the vacancy. You are also welcome to try and fill or gift the position if you cannot attend. We reserve the right to adapt this policy on a case by case basis. Purchasing this class means that you agree to these details, thank you!