Yvette Chilcott - CLASS - First Steps in Quilt Making December 2nd, 10 AM - 4 PM
Yvette Chilcott - CLASS - First Steps in Quilt Making December 2nd, 10 AM - 4 PM. Join Yvette as she expertly guides you in the first steps to creating your first quilt. This class is also suitable for those who just missed the basics along the way in their quilting journey!
We’ll make this 2-block 42” x 54” quilt top together, from the very beginning. Here’s a general idea of what I’ll teach:
• The basics – Fabric, Thread, Needles
• Rotary cutting, safely and accurately
• Organizing and labelling your pieces
• How to sew a perfect 1⁄4” seam with the appropriate stitch length
• How to press your seams
• How to use “strip piecing” to make 9-Patch blocks
• How to make the half-square triangles for the Shoo Fly blocks.
• How to properly measure for the borders and attach them.
Supplies needed for this class:
Rotary cutting mat, 24” x 36” (available in the class room)
Rotary cutter, 45mm with a sharp blade
Fabric marking pen
Fine long pins
Neutral coloured 50 weight Aurifil cotton sewing thread
Universal size 80/12 sewing machine needle,
Sewing machine in good working order, with 1⁄4” foot or a 1⁄4” guide on the throat plate.
Refunds and cancellations:
Because of the nature of classes and paying teachers either flat fee or per minimum, we are unable to refund a class purchase. You can send a substitute in your stead if you cannot attend.
We reserve the right to cancel the class in the following circumstances:
- School buses are cancelled due to roads being unsafe
- The teacher has cancelled due to medical emergency
- The store is experiencing natural disasters, floods, death, etc.
If the store cancels the class, you will automatically enroll into the next available make up date class. We will refund the class fee on a case per case basis.
Purchasing this class means that you agree to these terms, thank you!